Thursday, January 15, 2009
- new songs; "POSTCARDS FROM SOLITARY", "FUNERAL HOME MARIONETTES"
- still need a drummer.
- still going to record.
- looks like the 4-way split from Coagulate Tapes will finally be seeing the light of day. if all goes according to plan, we'll have some copies in time for the final Deathcycle show.
- and about that, yeah.. the last Deathcycle show. We're honored to have been asked to perform for this regretfully momentous occasion. Those who know us know the admiration we have for Deathcycle, both for their music/what it represents and who they are as individuals. Each one of the band members has a signature style that when brought together, creates something much greater than the sum of its parts. They are about as intense and pure a band as you'll ever find, but you have to look long and hard for them, especially nowadays, when you can't even muster up enough indifference to shrug your shoulders at the innocuous banality that has become of underground metal and hardcore. Deathcycle has all the passion of the most honest protest music, and the all urgency of a motorized headbutt to your very soul. we'll miss them very much.
- not much else going on. just writing... looking for a drummer. winter sucks.
- recent musical obsessions: Salome, Dead Congregation, Ruins (both the Black Metal band and the wacko Japanese group), Fifty Foot Hose, Bohren & der Club of Gore, Jennifer Gentle, Slogun, Mohinder, Dapnom, S.V.E.S.T., Hieronymus Bosch, Amber Asylum, Prostitute Disfigurement, Cheer-Accident, Clikatat Ikatowi, The Nihilist Spasm Band, Gravitar, AIDS Wolf, Malicious Hate, Visceral Evisceration, Neko Case, Throbbing Gristle, Virus, Christ Inversion, Antony and the Johnsons