Tuesday, August 28, 2007
- NYC was the nexus of the pooniverse last night. lets hear it for a new semester at NYUs.
- recent musical obsessions; Neck, Rites of Thy Degringolade, Bauhaus (In the Flat Field), Killing Joke, Overmars, Integrity, Blut Aus Nord, Velocity Girl, Watchtower, Sneaker Pimps, Boredoms, Melvins, Jesu, Fields of the Nephilim, Red Harvest, Skunk Anansie, Cemetery Urn, Stargazer, the Gathering, Madball, Lickgoldensky, ASRA, Gorguts, Sutcliffe Jugend, Wold, Heroin, Spring Break, the Boo Radleys, Sheer Terror, Portal, Caroliner, Dee Lite, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Danzig, the Accused, Winterkalte, Starkweather, Sybil Vane, Ignivomous, Metallica
Monday, August 20, 2007
- next one(s) is August 27th at Lit Lunge w/ A.P.P.L.E., Body Soil, and others, than Sept 16. at Club Lacunasomethingorother w/ Hollywood Streetwalker, Fucked by the State, and many others...the flyers are on all over Myspace, this blog, etc...so i won't post them again.
- than comes the writing/recording break. we're fiending to work on some new material, as well as get much of the songs we've been playing for the last couple of months to tape.
Monday, August 13, 2007
September, 16 2007 at Club Passion or Lacuna
Route 6, Mohegan Lake, New York
Cost : $7 or $5 with a flyer
Sunday Matinee Featuring: Hollywood Streetwalker, Persephone’s Fall, The Communion, Rising Up Rising Down and many more TBD. Doors at 12 noon, show starts at 1 PM.
last last LAST (for super serial) show for a awhile....unless something good comes along....even if it don't.
- recent musical obsessions; Hesper Payne, Logical Nonsense, Unruh, Sybil Vayne, Utuk Xul, Vorkuta, Word Salad, Badly Drawn Boy, Bloodlet, Depeche Mode, Portal, Sutcliffe Jugend, Gruntsplatter, Vegas, Nuclear Death, Asunder, Prince and the Revolution, Genesis, Coalesce
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
1. kick him in the balls (it's always a guy...usually of the mangy safe-activist side of the hipster persuasion. no woman would be stupid enough to give hugs away.)
2. give him a hockey-punch
3. fuck his face.
now THAT'S a deal.
- show last night was decent. nothing to eventful, but nothing to embarrassing either. next show is August 18 @ Tommy's Tavern w/ Bloody Phoenix, ASRA, and more. than one more show August 27 @ the Lit Lounge AGAIN w/ A.P.P.L.E., Body Soil, and more. than we hunker down and focus on fine-tuning some newer stuff, than putting together our full-length Kanalbrigade.
- recent musical obsessions; Sybil Vane, Year of the Rabbit, Asunder, Portal, Arkhon Infaustus, Sutcliffe Jugend, Rwake, Deathspell Omega, Rollins Band, Bone Awl, Vegas, Haymaker, Kietzer, Dead Raven Choir, Monarch!, Tombs, Darkside NYC, Barkmarket, Glorior Belli, Willpower era Today is the Day, Sex Gang Children, Blut Aus Nord
- recently burning-my-ass; the new Red Chord. don't listen to these PR Regurgitating Magazine "Writers"...this is a weak, lazy, and DULL album. talk about having it than losing it. the Red Chord is now officially the Weezer of Deathgrindmoshwhatever stuff; one decent record followed by a mediocre but passable second album that in turn is followed by a collection of phone-ins. get the new Antigama or the last (as well as the upcoming) Comity album if you want that style of music done with some real intensity that doesn't fall back on bonehead mosh parts or teetering-on-hipster ironic "dark" humor that was interesting/fresh 12 years ago when Deadguy put out Fixation on a Co-Worker, but is now watered down to the point that it is the musical equivalent of a Manhattan Rickshaw Driver with a "Free Hugs" sign hanging around his neck. fuck this band and anyone who looks like this band.
Monday, August 6, 2007
FUCK VICTORY RECORDS